World's No.1 Entertainment Blog...Bringing the unknown to you at your doorstep...

The Drugs Were Too Good by Tom Ball

I told them to get off the drugs but 99.99@ were on them. There were no hospitals to help them get off the drugs, so I set up a rehab center but few managed to kick the drugs.
    We called the drugs “lotus” and most people just lay around all day enjoying the drugs.
    I tried to tell them that, “Life was not a joke,” but my sayings fell on deaf ears.
    Everyone seemed to be content and even very happy. The suicide rate was only 1@ per annum. Nobody did anything that wasn’t pleasurable.
    All drugs had been legal as far as anyone could remember at least.
    Clowns and jokers were everywhere and just carried on, laughing with the drugs. Actually, there were drugs for all possible mood combinations. There were more than 10,000 drug combos. And each had their own delicious taste. Different regions had their own specialties and so some people toured the world.
    This, with a population of 100 million on this planet.
    Everyone had their senses enhanced for more ecstasy. You could go through 100 enhancements over 100 years. But the 100-year-olds were often sick of this world and often died finally in a happy wake.
    And people would record their dreams on the various drugs and would trade dreams with others. The best dreamers were in demand and people enjoyed the Masters’ dreams.
    No need to eat, the drugs were all nutritious.
    Those who were older would all shake all the time from the drugs. Some tried to be graceful and danced while shaking. Most people would overdose frequently and often died. But nobody cared.
    I said, “Life is infinitely deep for cleverer people than they and I asked them why not try to be cleverer?”
    It was hopeless so finally I opted to go into space, which was very dangerous. But most people in space were also lotus eaters and were so easygoing and carefree.
    I wondered why I was different.
    And I had been brought up to believe that love existed, but I couldn’t seem to find it. The only women that would have anything to do with me were prostitutes. I convinced them to have sex with me the old-fashioned way and have old-fashioned babies.
    In space I raised my children to believe they were special, and that love was their destiny.
    I told them that space was for the taking.
    I taught them using ancient computers that weren’t used any more.
    And I just walked into the leadership that no one wanted, and I gave the people Virtual Reality and video games.
    And machines created art such as music and movies to entertain the people.
    But then there was a man who said he was the “New God.” And he would bring love to the people. I sussed him out; he was a charlatan. And I had him killed. People suspected I was behind the killing, but no one was saying anything.
    And one day after perusing through the ancient computers I discovered the formula for eternal youth. I announced it to everyone but only 10@ signed up for it, believing that life should be short.
    Only 1@ of the populace was able to get off the drugs and live immortally.
    I was now 130 years young and I said I still loved sex and alcohol. It was how I got my kicks.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Wikipedia

Search results

Categories

  

About US

Humb's blog is a blog, entertainment and lifestyle brand that provides wholesome alternatives for its readers as well as Music both Secular Music and Gospel Music, News, Videos, etc. Here, we promote many Gospel and Secular artist. We also get feedback from our readers round the world.