World's No.1 Entertainment Blog...Bringing the unknown to you at your doorstep...

Innocence by Travis Green



Someday I will escape the broken days
you stole away from my heart,
the run-on sentences sifting down
distant streets, cruel diction cracking
inside my cheeks, how when I stood
in a river of shadows upon your stained
reflection embracing the voice of a drunken
man diminishing my presence, anger eyes
amplifying in chained syllables, burning lips
leaving speechless words trapped inside
featureless frame, twisted highs rising
within my mind, brain drained,
muscles flamed, oily fingers writhing
in pain, falling rain beating outside
my home on the rooftop, each exploding
drop sinking inside my heart, the way
his sharp tongue froze my flesh,
crippled chests, tightened hips,
loud thoughts banging beneath
rotten liquor, the dark penetrating
smell sparked in chaos, as I inhaled
the chilly words, “You are never leaving
this home! I own you! ”
 I could taste the
sickening tears rolling down my face
into shattered kingdoms that I could not
erase. I could hear the wind howling
at the moon outside my windowpane,
the way fallen lovers scream at the
scarlet skies, almost insane and
disappearing. Those were the bitter
memories buried inside my brain,
crazy flashbacks confused and
crashing, a wrinkled verb dripping
stormy blues. Now I stare across
the skyline at the silent dreams
lingering in time, damaged designs
stuck in space, smiling in disgrace,
waiting to be cleansed from the pain.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Wikipedia

Search results

Categories

  

About US

Humb's blog is a blog, entertainment and lifestyle brand that provides wholesome alternatives for its readers as well as Music both Secular Music and Gospel Music, News, Videos, etc. Here, we promote many Gospel and Secular artist. We also get feedback from our readers round the world.