World's No.1 Entertainment Blog...Bringing the unknown to you at your doorstep...

Ivor Novello nominee Ghetts: 'What I'm doing now is inspirational'

Ghetts

The Ivor Novello nominee on shoutouts for Kim and Kanye, big-ups for Beyonce, Nipsy Hussle's legacy and the future of grime.

Ghetts has seen a lot of success since bringing "darkness" to grime 16 years ago.
But the 34-year old from east London insists he's not lost that spark of anger mixed with passion that propelled him onto the music scene in 2003 following a stint in prison.
Speaking to Humbsblog UK at the Ivor Novello nominations launch in London, he explained: "My music has always been a reflection of where I'm at in my life.
"I do meet some fans that say to me, 'You've got softer over the years'. And I say to them, 'When you first heard me what did you like about me? The honesty, the truth, the passion?'
"It's the same thing now, if I sounded how I sounded when I was 19 and 20, 21, I'd be lying to you. I can't recreate a reflection of that. The whole point of progress is so I don't sound like that.
"What I'm doing now is inspirational. And you can look back and say 'Wow, he's come a long way from how he first was and how he conducts himself'."
Sitting in the swanky Ivy restaurant in the West End, that teenager from Plaistow has indeed come far.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Wikipedia

Search results

Categories

  

About US

Humb's blog is a blog, entertainment and lifestyle brand that provides wholesome alternatives for its readers as well as Music both Secular Music and Gospel Music, News, Videos, etc. Here, we promote many Gospel and Secular artist. We also get feedback from our readers round the world.